Friday, October 15, 2010

Daily Todo is a gorgeous, minimalistic manager for repetitive tasks

Filed under: Productivity, web 2.0
Every once in a while, a tool comes along that just blows my mind. I'm sorry if that sounds hyperbolic. I mean, when technology progresses, it often moves in the direction of complexity: Take my current Android phone and compare it to the Nokia I had ten years ago, and I think you'll see what I mean.
And every now and then I come across something that completely, and beautifully, bucks this trend. Daily Todo is one such tool. The Web is full of task managers, including ones aimed specifically at recurring tasks such as Joe's Goals.
But this thing... this thing is the zen garden of repetitive task managers. No account required; no banners, no documentation, no options, no tagging, no About page, nothing. I mean, one less feature and this thing would not even work.
To start using the tool, hit the huge button that says Create your Daily Todo list. Then just enter your list, one item per line. You then get to your list, showing your items with a check mark along each item. Each check mark has a few dots next to it, to show you previous days, so you can see if you did the task or not.
This is almost as good as Sciral Consistency. I'm still waiting for someone to remake that exact utility into a free Web app.

[Via the wonderful One Thing Well, which you should really read if you like this sort of minimalism.]Daily Todo is a gorgeous, minimalistic manager for repetitive tasks originally appeared on Download Squad on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Lam Research Liberty Global Lm Ericsson

No comments:

Post a Comment